Monday, February 12, 2007

Obama again...phew!

So I thought I was the original queen of dumbness till the Prime minister of Australia decided to open his dumber than I trap and claim that Mr Obama's stance on Iraq "will just encourage those who want to completely destabilise and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and a victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for an Obama victory". Quite frankly I like Obe's (obama's) response that if Mr Howard was so concerned he could send in more troops! If it's such a great fight, why isn't he (howardoodle) on the front line????

Then I heard some doomass going on about how Obe's not "black enuff?" WTF??? what the hell is a "black" person? I like what what Gwen Ifill( http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/gwen/ ) had to say on meet the press...she was like being that I was born in the islands, people here don't think i'm black enough either. There's a misconception in the African-American world and in America in general that being black means being at the standards of African-Americans. Africans are simply Africans and African-Americans are "black" I frankly don't get it and I never will. When the term 'black' is used to describe people or culture, its usually the culture of African-Americans. I can not begin to tell you how many times African Americans have discriminated me for being African and "talking proper" and "acting sadidi (or whatever!)" and looking at me all crazy when I don't understand certain ebonic words...not realising that I'm trying my best to fit in as much as possible and understand their culture and language...never have I met an African American wanting or willing to learn my culture...or my language. Yet I have met many caucasians that have tried to learn something about Zambia...and a few words in my language!

So forgive me if on some days I don't give a rats ass what Kwaanza is, or if i'm not bothered to taste any "chitlings". Thats how the world works....

No comments: