Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tonights debate

Let me start by saying I am disgusted by McCain tonight. I thought he was better than that! I can see asking heavy questions... but that was uncalled for. He was more into making Obama look bad than answering the debate questions of what he would do.

Again: On the issue of health insurance... I'm I the only one listening? People that do not understand the Obama plan have not spent enough time in the hospital. For one thing, there are a lot of people that do not have coverage and over use the emergency room. It also sort of insures that everyone will have coverage. The only problem I have with it is that it is government run...which is problematic, but can be done as we have seen in other countries. I think health care should be a basic right. Every Tom, Dick and Harry should be able to afford it. It should not be decided by insurance companies.
Health care in America is one of my pet peeves. I do not understand why it costs so much and how one of the wealthiest countries in the world can have that many people without coverage and in debt because they couldn't afford it. Who pays for that then...aha! You the tax payer!!! yay!!!
McCain's plan is commendable-- give money to people and let them decide how they will use it. LOL...seriously give me the $5000 and I will buy myself something nice or ....I don't know... pay off some debt? Many people will not pay for health care with that money. I understand the fear of having government run things... but really, majority of 'joe the plumbers' will most likely use the money elsewhere.
**********phew! Off my soap box!!!*****************

On abortion-- I will forever be pro life... but I do respect Obama's stance. Abortion is not an easy decision to make and we should really be encouraging people to practice safe sex...and to think of adoption.
Immigration?-- Nothing really said. Disappointing.
*****************************
any hoo... I have a conference tomorrow morning and I should go to bed:-)

No comments: