Wednesday, November 19, 2008

En attendant Godot

I don't remember the particulars of waiting for Godot... but at the moment I think I am having such a situation...and it was so funny when I put two and two (of the situation) together mentally-- I got the story of Godot! I can not go into the particulars, but have you ever felt like a song was written for you... or that a movie or book is about your life??? It almost shows you how connected we are as a human race I guess.

More on TV: How about the girl that killed herself after Paula Abdul? C$ and I were having a dicussion about how people don't know the difference between TV life and real life! Ok so she said I am from Venus and not earth and that's why my views are a little out there at times... but she said that she wanted to be Aaliyah for the longest time... and I don't think I have ever wanted to be a movie star-- that's not to say I don't wonder why I wasn't born looking like beyonce/ jenn lopez/ naomi/ oluchi... but I certainly don't imagine being them in a stalker way or nothing you know?

My passport is still not back... we're getting close to December... maybe one day:-)

Hey I was thinking about Zambian words yesterday-- you know, words that were introduced to the country by traders and stuff:
Insapato (bemba)- sapato (portuguese means shoes
Ifinanazi (bemba)- Ananas (portuguese) means pineapples
umuswaki (bemba)- Meswak (common in Arab world- not sure of origin)- tooth stick/ brush:-)
Fuseki (bemba/ nyanja)- voetsek (dutch/ afrikaans)- get lost/ bugger off...

okay i'm on a phone call ... major distracted

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To post any comments on your blog, on anything related to alcohol such as “Where to Find the Best Wine under $10’’ my company requires that I follow the company’s -Rules of Conduct and post a Drunkenness Web Image Disclaimer.

1. PLEASE NOTE: The Web Image at photobucket.com/arthurblog is for use in the company’s end of the year public relations media kit, in celebration of the company’s 2008 Straight Faced Drunk Employee Awards. The photo was taken to highlight how poker faced and diverse (one token AA) our staff is. To this end - The company can not be held liable for any misrepresentation of any of our staff members.

2. PHOTO DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that the background setting of books in this photo or the fact that this employee reads six to five non-fiction books a month (best read this month Po Bronson- Why Do I Love These People) four educational and business journals, six blogs including Manena, three Sunday newspapers including the Washington Post and two bi-monthly magazines including The Economist and wears polka dot ties. Is in NO WAY an indication that this employee is immune from any one of the following male associated social and economic problems - BMD (Baby Mama Drama) CP (Commitment Phobia), PWS (Player Wannabe Syndrome), RHS ( Restaurant Hopping Syndrome – California Pizza, Ruby Tuesday, Chicago Uno, Red Lobster, ROMONA’S MACARONI GILL 3XM, Buca Di Beppo, Cheesecake Factory, Beninana, Bonefish Grill, Ruth’s Chris and more), GDSS (Gold Digger Sucker Syndrome), or any other social side effects that may have occurred while working over 40 hours a week at an educational company that’s 90% female. All employees of the company undergo a criminal and credit background check. However AT WORK or AFTER HOURS personal web activities on company computers are NOT monitored and as such, comments made on web blogs or any e-mails sent – are solely “ipso facto” the views and opinions of the employee and DO NOT in any way or form represent the ideas, values or mission statement of the company. TRANSLATION – DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE WEB !

Manena said...

LOL.... pumpkin pie, if you're not a comedian by day or night... you are doing the world a diservice! I enjoyed that disclaimer! But wait!!! where is the good-under-$10-wine?