Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mucho Caliente!



It's wedding season again! especially since the weather is getting cold in Zed (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Congratulations to my buddy Tukiya on her nuptuals!!! She looks really radiant in the pictures! I haven't seen her in a while, but the catty chick within me is glad to note that we both got a little round...yay!!!:-)

Any way...I am glad to see that society is somewhat evolving! I ran accross a story today about how they used to sterilize people without their permissopn approx. 40 years ago! That was really disturbing...and get this: The dad could give permission for his daughter to be sterilized while he was doing her, so she didn't get pregaz too many times...Na-wow! what kind be dis??? http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/health/6670217.stm
And you would think the disturbing news was over...but no! Another discussion forum about warring parents and the negative implications it had on children had SEVERAL respondents say that in their society "A MAN WHO DOESN'T BEAT HIS WIFE DOES NOT LOVE HER"...what kind of pupu platter shish kabob is that??? Let me tell you something, one misplaced finger on me and your ass is in jail booboo! I don't care how many mouths to feed we have...I'll find a way to make it work without you if the only way you know how to communicate is to show your physical strength! If that's how they show love...I have no curiosity to see how they show hate! Plus it seemed like it was more the west/ north Africans that insisted that a man MUST beat his wife. Go to BBC if interested in the discussion.

Oh and before I forget...the cutty sark burnt! I am not sure if the little weave carrying thingymajig went down in flames too (see pic below) but that was rather sucky that someone could have set it ablaze!

5 comments:

kokakolafanta said...

Tukiya got married!! oh wow...she looks as pretty as ever! Guy, and I mean this in a nice way:-) why aren't you following the current fashion trends by getting hitched? lol...please do not call to scream at me...I am just AKSING a question!
You are on some serious drugs "the weave carrying thingymajig" ??? you really make me laugh!

kokakolafanta said...

Parents that fight almost always end up hurting their children psycologically or physically. So it makes sense that those people that grew up in houses with parents that fought would think that its a way to show love to others.

African girl, American world said...

we both got round....oh Zambians. gotta love it :) I am always greeted that way when I get to Atlanta.

Manena said...

A.G.A.W: Atleast you're a mummy, it's okay that you got round. It's a sacrifice you make when you have kids. Now she and I have no excuses! we're on the seafood diet:)-- We see food and we eat it:) ha ha!
Chi Kokakolafanta: you will be hearing from me this weekend! It wont be pretty!

Anonymous said...

It's "Muy caliente", not mucho!