Saturday, March 08, 2008

International Women's Day


Today is International women's day:-)


So if you haven't celebrated the woman in you yet...I suggest you stop what you're doing and just celebrate!!!!


Check out http://www.internationalwomensday.com/ to read the history of this day.


I thank all the great women in my life starting with my mother...without her strength and perseverance (interpret as: bossy) I wouldn't be most of the woman I am today!


I thank those that have worked hard to ensure women have a fair standing in society, those that protect women from physical and emotional abuse, those that recognize that the differences between a man and a woman are physical and not intellectual (well...that's debatable...I still think women are smarter!)


I thank Margaret Thatcher and Indira Ghandi for showing me in my childhood that women can be heads of countries and do darn good jobs! They gave me the audacity to hope:-) When I'm growed up, I want to be jess like them...okay not really because I want Ban Ki Moon's job because I think it's better than being just a president:-)


I applaud the creator of the brasieres...you are totally awesome! I didn't realize that till today!

No comments: