Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Fallen sister Bhutto


It came as no shock to me...as to most of you out there that they finally succeeded in attempts to assassinate Benazir Bhutto.

What I admired most about reading about her was probably her stubbornness and bravado. Two qualities that obviously don't take women too far in a moslem world.

I recall listening to her sister in law on NPR a few months or so ago and I think they said she is also running for some position in government once/ if the elections come around. The reporter asked her if she was scared and her response was something in the lines of..."i am not controversial, so i have nothing to fear of the Islamist millitants." From her tone, I got a feeling of foreboding with regards to Bhutto. Like it was only a matter of time.

I would not be surprised if Musharaff declares that elections will be postponed indefinitely because of this. You know....for the safety of the others...(snort)

Any way... there's a saying in Africa 'when the lion drinks, the gazelle must go thirsty.' It fits perfectly in this instance.

MHSRIP...and may another sister pick her baton up. Watch them declare a jihad on me for that last little bit...lol!

1 comment:

kokakolafanta said...

I felt really sad when i saw the news. Chaipa!