Saturday, June 09, 2007

Isambo Lyamfwa


It's with great sadness that I found out today Mr Jonathan Chibesa the lead singer of the Glorious Band died on Thurday. Most of the stores in his home town of Chingola (Zambia) shut down at the announcement of his death. The 'Isambo lyamfwa' CD has special meaning to me because it was released around my cousins wedding which was held in Virginia during hurricane Isabel. My grandmother loved the CD so much she played it all the time...and the family was in very high spirits at the time. Our next family gathering after that point was my grandmothers funeral.

Any way, on the subject of death and dying... since I'm gloomy I might as well take yuo down with me:-) Have you all seen the situation in Kenya with the Mungiki sect? I am thinking amnesty international has to step in there someone!!! The police are going around killing anyone they feel is a 'suspect' in one poor neighborhood, and terrorising everyone else! I don't think it's right that they are killing people with no proof of membership to Mungiki! This will also deter the residents from providing information to the police for fear of being victimized!

I am a firm believer that violence begets violence. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

1 comment:

kokakolafanta said...

guy can you get me this CD for ba aunty?