Thursday, April 13, 2006

International Health

So the last few days have been pretty busy. I have been trying to investigate my options at going back to school. I no longer want to stay in the nursing field, but i certainly want to stay on in the health field with relation to international health.

So I have been looking at schools that offer this degree and as it turns out... only very expensive schools offer this major. see http://snhs.georgetown.edu/content.cfm?objectID=1474 or http://www.bu.edu/dbin/sph/departments/international_health/index.php or http://www.jhsph.edu/dept/ih so far it looks like I will have to become a stripper to pay for college.

I am more interested in doing the program at georgetown because it will be the shortest one for me since i have most of the credits required. Also, i would get to go to another ocuntry for my internship and thats the fun part. So any way, that's a lot to think about. If eventually my plan doesn't work, i will go to a public health program that i can afford so that in conjuction with my degree in nursing, I can increase my opportunities.

I may eventaully want to work for an organization like doctors without borders, or peace corps, or the UN or something in those lines. I think it would be fun... then i would be the expert on international health. It doesn't pay as much as nursing, so i may probably pick up a day of nursing here and there incase i fall on hard times:)

Something else happened that was great today, I can't really talk about it now, but hopefully by next week i'll be able to sing to the mountains about it. I don't want to get my hopes up too high. My mummy also called me.

I am a little bummed though coz my friend Jenee is moving from the area... she's only moving to DC, but i still feel sad coz i hate when people move.

So any way with all that said, wish me luck!!!

No comments: